See Fabulous Havana like a real Habanero on a Havana Car Tour in a Classic American Vintage Car
Availability Update – we are now fully booked for the group and private Havana, Vinales and Las Terrazas tours we can run in 2016.
CLASSIC CAR HAVANA TOURS DEPART EVERY DAY AT 5PM (MINIMUM 2 PEOPLE)
HAVANA TOURS COMMENCE OUTSIDE THE HOTEL INGLATERRA IN OLD HAVANA
GROUP BOOKING DISCOUNTS AVAILABLE
For most people who are considering a holiday to Cuba, the first image that comes to the mind is one of the iconic classic American cars that feature in almost every photograph of the country. Arriving in Havana is like stepping out of a time-machine and finding yourself back in the 50’s, surrounded by the slightly faded beauty and elegance of the crumbling colonial facades that have hardly changed since Hemingway strolled the elegant boulevards and narrow cobbled streets. An unsurpassed way of seeing all the grand architecture, historic squares, and other attractions is by taking a Classic Car Tour of this nostalgic city. You will get to experience a slice of everyday life in Havana from the comfort of one of these venerable old vehicles that are the life and soul of Cuba, while learning all about the city landmarks from your experienced local Havana tour guide.
- Cruise the broad boulevards in a genuine American Classic Convertible from the 1950’s
- Visit the Colon Cemetery, dating from 1869, where you can see some of the more than 500 major mausoleums, chapels and vaults – incredible architecture in a mixture of styles.
- Miramar – an upmarket suburb where lovely old colonial houses rub shoulders with foreign embassies and diplomatic residences.
- Vedado – this waterfront suburb was popular with US tourists prior to the Communist Revolution, and is home to many important landmarks including the University of Havana, Colon Cemetery and the Hotel Nacional.
- Centro Havana – a crumbling working-class neighbourhood where real life goes on; absorb the atmosphere for a taste of the real Cuba.
- US Special Interest Building – the closest thing to an American Embassy presence in Cuba.
- Anti Imperialist Square – site of many government-led rallies.
- Experienced local Havana tour guide
All Old Havana hotels and Casa’s are a short walk from the Hotel Inglaterra. Otherwise you can easily take a taxi from your hotel in other areas of Havana to the Hotel Inglaterra for between 5 and 10 CUC.
You will join this Classic Car Havana Tour outside the Hotel Inglaterra in Old Havana (Havana Vieja) where you will be introduced to your 1950’s American Convertible and your guide.
This Classic Car Havana tour starts with your local Havana tour guide giving you a brief background to the city of Havana. The guide will explain to you the route you will follow and the sights you will see. There is also the opportunity to quickly admire the Plaza de La Revolucion, Capitol Building and Gran Teatro de la Habana.
It is them time for your stylish drive in your iconic car along the famous Malecon, the sea boulevard which stretches for 7kms through all the most historic areas of the city. You will visit Havana Vedado (aka Russian Havana), Centro Havana, well-heeled Miramar, the American Special Interest building and the fascinating Colon Cemetery – a drive which presents you with an almost complete resume of the history of the city. This iconic drive is a perfect introduction to Havana, her beauty and her troubled history.
A most fitting way to end the tour is to enjoy a classic Cuban cocktail at the garden terrace of the Hotel Nacional with your Havana tour guide, while you watch the sun set over lovely Havana.
Inclusions and exclusions
Hotel Inglaterra | 416 Paseo de Martí | La Habana
Hotel Nacional, Calle 21 y O, Vedado, Havana.
Classic American Car - Max four people per car
Local English speaking Havana tour guide, Classic American Car & Driver for your Classic Car Tour, one cocktail/drink at Hotel Nacional.
Transportation to and from meeting points, food and drinks not specified above, tips for the guide.